Are engraved pavers available for purchase to commemorate our special day?
Yes, if you are having your wedding or other special event at Quail Point you can commemorate your special day with an engraved paver stone. What a wonderful idea to come back on each anniversary thereafter for photo and memories!
For more information please contact the HSB POA at 830-598-8795.
Who can rent Quail Point?
Being that Quail Point is part of the Horseshoe Bay Property Owners Association (HSB POA), the venue is open to HSB POA members and their immediate family. Non-members and Non-Profits may use the facilities by being sponsored by a member.
Any Horseshoe Bay property owner in good standing may rent Quail Point Lodge. The property owner is responsible for any damage caused by the property owner or guests. During the rental period, the area rented is closed to other members. The Nook is not available during Early Voting.
What are the rental fees for Quail Point?
The rental fee varies based on the day of the week of the event, the rooms needed and if a member is renting or a non-member and/or a non-profit. In addition to the rental fee, there is a set up/clean up fee and a refundable damage deposit. Please see Schedule A in the Quail Point Rental Agreement.
If a non-member is being sponsored, non-member fees apply.
The rental fee must be paid in advance to confirm the reservation. If the event is cancelled thirty (30) or more days prior to the event, 50% of the rental fee will be refunded; within 30 days, the entire amount will be forfeited.
Can rooms be rented the day before and/or the day after the event?
If available, the four rooms may also be rented on the Friday afternoon before an Event (starting at Noon) for decorating ONLY and/or the Sunday morning after an Event (until Noon) for pickup of personal items for a fee of $150 each half day.
Can individual rooms be rented on weekends?
Individual rooms are not rented on weekends unless Quail Point Lodge is not fully rented on a weekend day four (4) weeks in advance of the requested date.
Are there block out dates for renting Quail Lodge?
Due to POA-sponsored events and so that all property owners may enjoy the grounds, Quail Point Lodge may not be rented on the following: New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day, POA Annual Meeting weekend, Earth Day, Good Friday through Easter, Memorial Day, July 3rd, July 4th, or July 4th weekend, Labor Day, Thanksgiving through Thanksgiving weekend, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, or the Christmas weekend.
Individual rooms are not rented on weekends unless Quail Point Lodge is not fully rented on a weekend day four (4) weeks in advance of the requested date. At that time, individual rooms may be available for rent.
Does the rental of the Pavilion provide access to the inside of Quail Point Lodge?
Pavilion only rental does not provide access inside the Quail Point Lodge building; only to the Pavilion, Quail Point Lodge grounds and the exterior bathrooms.
What are the sizes of the rooms at Quail Point and how many people does each facilitate?
OAK (53x28 capacity 100)
LAKE (50x50 capacity 150)
LODGE (45x27 capacity 80)
MESQUITE (30x22 capacity 50)
PAVILION (40x27; 16x20 covered) approximately 50 people seated in the Pavilion area depending on the layout.
What happens if I need to change the orginial date of my event?
One change of date may be made after this Agreement is executed, based on room availability, at the rates specified.
Additional date changes will result in a new Agreement, based on room availability, at the then-current room rental, deposit and cleaning rates. Date changes must be provided to the POA in writing at least 30 days prior to the Event to avoid a cancellation fee.
How many guest parking spaces are there at Quail Point?
The parking lots at Quail Point Lodge accommodate up to 75 vehicles. If your Event requires parking to accommodate more than 75 vehicles, then overflow parking arrangements need to be made by the Renter. Please discuss this when reserving venue.
What are the kitchen facilities at Quail Point?
Kitchen facilities at Quail Point Lodge are limited and non-commercial. There are two refrigerators, two stoves with ovens, two warming units, two microwave ovens and one commercial ice machine. Food preparation and cleanup must be done off premises. Except for warming trays, no equipment or utensils are provided. Removal of warming oven trays from the facility is not permitted. The POA does not furnish linens, dishes, utensils, cooking equipment, decorations or services.
What if my event requires parking to accommodate more than 75 vehicles?
Suggested parking options include:
1) Horseshoe Bay Resort parking lots and shuttle service; or
2) City of Horseshoe Bay parking lots (no shuttle service available); or
3) Requesting a short term parking exception from the Chief of Police of The City of Horseshoe Bay Police Department. POA staff can provide the required Exception Form.
How many chairs and tables are available at Quail Point?
The approximate number of available tables and chairs at Quail Point Lodge are listed below.
36 round 5’ tables (seat 8) 252 folding chairs
30 rectangular 30”x5’ tables (seat 6) 108 padded folding chairs
7 rectangular 30”x6’ tables (seat 6) 18 card tables (seat 4)
No chairs or tables from Quail Point may be used outdoors.
Do I have to have insurance when renting Quail Point Lodge?
At any event where alcohol will be served/consumed, the person or group renting the Facility must provide a Certificate of General Liability Insurance written by a provider licensed for the State of Texas. Please see Rental Agreement
Is there a City Ordinance regarding music at an event?
Please be considerate of residential neighbors. By City ordinance, music must end no later than 11:00 p.m.
By when does the setup for the event have to be provided to the POA?
No less than 24 hours prior to the Event start time, Monday through Friday between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., the Quail Point Lodge access code, keys and checklist must be picked up.
Renter will be given a security code for their event that will open the kitchen door.
All keys plus a signed and dated checklist, which explains procedures for lights, heating/air conditioning, appliances, and securing entrance doors, must be returned to the POA office or placed in the mailbox by the POA office door at the end of the Event. The damage deposit will be returned to the Renter within five (5) business days if no damages or violations of the rules are found.
Are there any prohibited items or events at Quail Point?
The following will result in retention of the damage deposit and/or additional charges for damages associated with the Event. Renter will be notified within two (2) business days of damages., and within five (5) business days, the renter will be notified of estimated costs for repairs over and above damage deposit.
- No directional signs, flags, banners, streamers, balloons or ribbons may be used to direct guests to the event.
- No nails, staples or any penetrating devices may be used to attach items to the walls; non-damaging wall hangers (i.e. ‘COMMAND’ products) may be used if removed at the end of the Event. Damage to walls, doors, carpets or windows will result in withholding up to $150 of the damage deposit.
- Decorations attached to the interior and exterior of Quail Point Lodge and all items brought onto the property must be removed or disposed of by the Event end time. Any remaining items will be disposed of the following day.
- Care must be taken not to block the ceiling mounted smoke detectors in the Lake and Lodge Rooms. Blocking the infrared beam for more than 30 seconds will activate the fire alarm.
- No pets are allowed in the building except approved service animals; pets are allowed on the grounds if kept on a leash and the pet owner cleans up after the pet.
- Photos, artwork and lobby furniture and fixtures may not be moved or removed from their designated location without prior management approval.
- Tables and chairs may not be removed from the Quail Point Lodge.
- Use of bird seed, glitter, confetti, ‘silly string’ types of products, rice or other food products inside or outside of the building will result in withholding up to $150 of the damage deposit.
- Smoke machines are not allowed on the premises.
- Candles may be used if in occupied areas and are extinguished promptly at the end of the Event.
- Sparklers are prohibited in the building. If used outdoors, the Property Owner is responsible to ensure that all waste is picked up from lawns, patios and driveways.
- Outdoor cooking devices, such as charcoal, wood or propane grills, smoker or fryers, must be placed at least 5 feet from any combustible material including buildings, fences and vegetation. They must not be left unattended.
- Discharge of weapons is not allowed within the Horseshoe Bay City limits. Fireworks are prohibited unless a permit is issued by the City of Horseshoe Bay Fire Department. The permit must be provided to the POA office ten (10) days prior to the Event.
What other available equipment is there at Quail Point for use during my event?
Equipment that may be available subject to reservation:
CD /iPod Player
PA System and Microphones
Wi-Fi is available
Easels (3 available)
Full Length Mirrors (3)
Portable Television for Video